Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Barry Manilow: I'm not the male 'Joan Rivers' - In Your Face : The ...

Barry Manilow: I?m not the male ?Joan Rivers?

May 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am ? ? posted by MARILYN KALFUS, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

.

.

Barry Manilow

Barry Manilow at 68

Barry Manilow explains in an interview?with the Irish Independent why his face might look weird now and then.
.
He had a procedure a while back?to get rid of his jowls, Manilow says.??But they came right back. That kind of stuff doesn?t last. Then many years ago all of LA was running for Botox, and I did too. I gave it a try, but I just didn?t like it. It didn?t look right for me.?

And now?

?They think I?m the Joan Rivers of the guys, which is ridiculous. But I?ve had this nasty hip problem for the last 10 years. I?ve had three surgeries, the last one four months ago. I didn?t want to limp out on stage at the Grammys and the only way I got any relief was by steroid shots, right into my hips. But then your face blows up and looks odd.?

The writer of the piece, adds, ?I tell him that I believe him, because if Barry Manilow was going to get plastic surgery wouldn?t he go off and get his nose done? It has been jeered at for years.?

Manilow, who turns?69 next month,?responds: ?

?I never even think about what I look like. I?m a guy. As far as my nose goes, yeah I?ve got a big nose, my family has big noses. I like my big nose. It?s a chosen nose.?

That?s it? Just a few jabs of Botox and a bad steroid reaction?

It?s been reported that Manilow had a facelift in 1995, a second facelift and eyelid surgery in 2003 and a?third facelift in 2006.

An entry in Wikipedia says: ?On July 29, 2003, Manilow had a complete upper and lower facelift, which includes the removal of drooping skin from the eyelids ? Manilow was photographed after the surgery with what looked like a surgical wrap under his chin while leaving a plastic surgeon?s office wearing a disguise of dark glasses and a blonde wig in the streets of Beverly Hills, California in an effort to escape without recognition.?

Dr. Tony Youn, a plastic surgeon and celebrity-watching blogger,?said last year?he thought the singer has had too much work.

Said Youn: ?I believe that facial plastic surgery can create a very natural appearance when the goal is to take 10-20 years off someone. When we start to go after 25, 30, or even 40 years, then people start looking fake.??

.

See more photos of Barry Manilow here

.

Latest from this blog:
.

.

old school nick swisher jaco san jose sharks humber perfect game ufc 145 fight card ufc145

No comments:

Post a Comment