Saturday, June 23, 2012

Apple copied Microsoft with iPad, not the other way around

I?m guilty. When I read the reports of Microsoft?s Surface tablet this week, I did a big internal eye roll and thought, ?Microsoft copies Apple again.?

Then today, I saw a very funny post and it reminded me that Microsoft actually came out with the Tablet PC in 2002; it?s just that no one cared at the time.

It?s a little like that great scene in the movie ?Pirates of Silicon Valley,? when Steve Wozniak in the early 1970s pitches the Apple I prototype to an HP exec and the suit replies, ?What on earth would ordinary people want with computers?? Well, OK. Maybe it?s not that similar, but you get the picture; the Tablet PC was an idea ahead of its time. It wasn't a touch pad, it relied on a pen, but it was small, flat and ran Windows XP.

To learn more and to read the entire article at its source, please refer to the following page, Apple copied Microsoft with iPad, not the other way around- Computerworld Blogs

?????

Article Tags

kelis dick clark dies ibogaine jamie moyer bone cancer hossa the cell

No comments:

Post a Comment