Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spray Paint Plastic Bins - Confessions of a Recovering Chocoholic

Did you know you can get a free organizing printable set just by subscribing to the blog via e-mail? Get the details here.

?

I know that the trendy thing these days is for everything to eclectic, collected looking, and not really matching. However, that?s one trend I just can?t accept. I jumped whole heartedly onto the gray band wagon. Most of my house is grey. The same goes for chevron and geometric patterns. I?ll be hanging my chevron print curtains this week. I even accepted the stainless steel appliance thing, but I still love everything to be neat and matching.

SprayPaintPlasticBin-54 SprayPaintPlasticBin-57

I have collected quite a few plastic organizing bins over the years, and seems that many of them are completely different colors. The store seems to put out new colors about every season and I can no longer my original colors. I have some bright green, some grey and purple, some black, some red, etc. I thought I?d try spray painting one to see what happened. To my surprise, it actually worked like a charm!

I turned a bright green plastic bin into a beautiful red one. Oh, the possibilities! I can now cheaply turn any plastic I have into any color I want! I think you could even unify the look of various styles of plastic bins by making them all the same color.

SprayPaintPlasticBin-61

There?s not a lot to say about the process. I used spray paint for plastic. I covered my garage floor and put the bin on an upside down box, and then I sprayed it. I first placed the bin upside down on the box, and sprayed the bottom and outsides. I used several thin coats, drying for about 15 minutes between each coat. Then I flipped the bin over and did the same to the top and insides. There was a little dripping on the inside, but I didn?t really mind.

SprayPaintPlasticBin-71

Google+

Source: http://confessionsofarecoveringchocoholic.com/2013/05/18/spray-paint-plastic-bins/

valentines valentines day George Ferris happy valentines day all star game blue ivy carter meteorite

No comments:

Post a Comment